The services provided are intended to meet the needs of users.
Services are provided in accordance with the principles of participation, transparency, equality, impartiality, continuity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participation: the SIT and the research department collaborate in defining strategies for the evolution of IT systems and the FBK research network.
- Transparency: the SIT undertakes to communicate with users as clearly as possible and to evaluate and respond promptly to complaints, proposals, suggestions, requests for clarification and advice from users.
- Equality: the same rules apply for the provision of services to all users.
- Impartiality: in its conduct towards users, the SIT observes the principles of objectivity, neutrality and impartiality.
- Continuity: the SIT undertakes to provide regular, continuous and uninterrupted services. The provision of services may only be interrupted due to:
- infrastructure faults in the FBK network or interconnected operators;
- maintenance to ensure systems function correctly;
- force majeure events.
- Efficiency and effectiveness: the SIT pursues the objective of continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of services, and adopts the most appropriate technological, organisational and procedural solutions for this purpose.