IT, Infrastructures, and Corporate Assets designs, builds and maintains the infrastructure necessary for the operation of telephone and Unified Communications systems, in particular the Corporate Assets unit is in charge of the support service. Therefore, please send your requests and report any problems to .
- Handset Lift the handset to make or answer a call
- LCD display. It displays information such as date and time, the number and the name associated with it, and options for function keys.
- Call indicator. In case of an incoming or missed call, the red indicator will start flashing red.
- Function keys (A,B,C,D). When you press a function key, the action specified in the relevant field in the lower part of the LCD screen is performed. These keys have the characteristic of changing name (on the display) and function based on the actions that are being performed on the phone.
- A List of missed, incoming, outgoing calls
- B Unconditional call forwarding
- C Telephone personal directory
- D TBD
- Navigation keys. Press the arrows to browse the menu lists that are displayed on the LCD screen, to the left, to the right, up or down.
- Voice mail button If it has been activated (please read Voice Mail paragraph), you may access your Voice Mail by pressing the button.
- Hold button Press this button to put the caller on hold.
- Settings button By pressing this button you may access the function configuration and preferences menus.
- Volume control button Press right to increase the volume and left to decrease the volume of the receiver (handset, speakerphone or headset) during the conversation. The same keys are used to adjust the ringer volume when no call is in progress.
- Headset button If you have a telephone headset, press this button to activate or deactivate the headset. When the headset is activated, the button will glow green.
- Speakerphone button Press this key to activate or deactivate the speakerphone. When the speakerphone is on, the key will glow green.
- Mute microphone button Press this button to exclude or include the microphone. When the microphome is mute, the button will light up.
- Numerical keypad Use the keypad to dial phone numbers.
- Confirm button Allows you to confirm the action on the display
- Cancel button It allows you to cancel the action on the display
- Function keys (X,Y,Z,W) Allow you to add participants to a conference call
- DND Button Activates/deactivates the Do Not Disturb feature
- Directory Button Opens the Global Directory of users known to the system
- Transfer Button Activates the Call transfer feature
How to activate services online
The configuration services for your telephone are available at https://my.fbk.eu. The interface has been built so that it may be used from PCs, tablets and smartphones and, upon authorization, from any network.
- Click to dial: by clicking the “handset”, and lifting the telephone handset, you may dial the corresponding number.
- Contacts: you may search and call (Click to Dial) a telephone number listed on FBK’s official directory and on your email personal contacts.
- My Calls: you may view and call back (Click to Dial) all recent, incoming, outgoing and missed calls.
- Follow Me: allows you to let other (internal and external) numbers ring at the same time when receiving a call.
- Voicemail: it is a personal answering machine. It allows the caller to leave a message. You may listen to the message from your phone by pressing the number 6 – Message key. You may also enable the system to send your voice messages to your email address.
- Sync Contacts: you may syncronize your email personal contacts with your phone. In order to modify your contacts, you may use Gmail at https://mail.google.com.
How to activate services from your phone
List of codes you have to dial in order to activate services or functions
- *60 / B Function key: Activates Call Forwarding feature
- *64 / B Function key: Deactivates Call Forwarding feature
- *78 / DND Function key: Do Not Disturb feature (On/Off)
How to make and receive a call, use the handset, speakerphone and headset
All extensions of the telephone system are identified by a three-digit telephone number.
In order to make an external call, just dial the number. In the case of three-digit numbers, please dial the pound # key first ( e.g. to call the external number 189 you must dial #189).
All calls may be made or received either by using the handset, the speakerphone or the headset (if connected). You may as well commute between the various audio devices during a call (but you may use only one device at a time).
How to make a call using the handset:
- Dial the number and lift the telephone handset
- Lift the handset, dial the number and finally press the Confirm key (14 – figure above) (same as the “green handset” button on mobile phones).
To make a call using the headset (if present) or the speakerphone, do not lift the handset, but press the relating button on the telephone (10 or 11 – figure above). The button for the selected device will light up.
To answer to an incoming call, you may either lift the handset or press the headset button (if headset is present) or the speakerphone button (10 or 11 – figure above).
If during the conversation you are using either the speakerphone or the headset and wish to switch to handset, just lift it. If you are using the handset, press the headset/speakerphone button to switch (make sure that the indicator light is on before you put the handset down, otherwise the call in progress will be terminated).
How to terminate a conversation:
- If you are using the handset, just put it down;
- If you are using either the speakerphone or the headset, press the key glowing green (10 or 11) on the telephone keypad.
How to disable the microphone
By activating the <mute microphone> key (12 – figure above) you may disable the device microphone. Press again the same button to enable the microphone.
When you press Directory (18 – figure above) you may search the Global Directory either by Last Name First Name or by phone number. Use the navigation buttons (5 – figure above) to browse through the names on the list. To call a contact, highlight it and then press the Confirm key (14- figure above).
How to redial last made, received or missed calls
By pressing the Function 4 - A key you may view the calls you made, received or missed. Use the navigation key (5 – figue above) to select a number and call it by pressing the Confirm key (14 – figure above).
How to place on hold and retrieve a call
To suspend the call in progress and put the current caller on hold, press the Hold key (7 – figure above). While the call is on hold, you may answer or make either one or more new calls by selecting another line with function X,Y,Z,W key (16- figure above). The line on hold will blink.
To retrieve a call you had placed on hold, select the blinking function key and press the hold button again (7 – figure above).
How to forward a conversation
- How to direct forward a call. During a conversation, you may transfer the call to another extension by pressing the Transfer function key (19 – figure above) and dialing (within ten seconds) the number you wish to call (or by searching the Directory through the Directory button- 18 figur above) together with the Confirm button (14 – figure above). You may not retrieve a transferred call.
- How to forward a call through announcement. During a conversation, you may forward the call to another extension by putting it on hold (key 7), dialing the telephone number yo wish to transfer the call to (or search the number on the directory by pressing the Directory button – 18 figure above) and then Confirm – 14 figure above) or announce the call and transfer it by pressing the Transfer function key (19 – figure above) and the Confirm key (14 – figure above). If the call is not transferred, select the blinking function key and press the Hold button (7 – figure above) again to retrieve the call that had been placed on hold.
You may lock/unlock the handset hooking mechanism by pulling out and rotating the plastic tab located on the handset speaker rest.
In a pick-up group use *10 the answer calls.